The assessement of the disease by the angiologist
He has three goals:
- choose a treatment strategy,
- And put in place.
The diagnosis is first established by examining the patient standing (in this position is that the veins are filled with abnormally).
It will be refined by Echo Doppler examination which assesses:
- The direction of blood flow and therefore detect the veins which can no longer function back but, instead, surged back in the opposite direction towards the feet.
- Templates and venous confluence to better understand how the disease develops in order to better combat it.
It therapeutic strategy?
It is well established: to treat the starting point of the varices (what we call the vanishing point) handle large trunks ebb, process industries that depend on it.
This logic is immutable. Skip step will lead to disappointment of the patient and doctor.
The therapeutic choice is dictated by many considerations:
- aesthetic demands,
- maximum security is a requirement, depending on your age and other diseases can be associated
- the maximum speed for those who have a job does not allow them to stop working
- most effectively to avoid having to start a few years later.
But beware! Whatever the technique employed, regardless of skill of your doctor, recurrence is common if there is no monitoring therapy whose pace will be offered by your angiologist.